Banana’s are one of the most popular fruits, with the average American eating around 28 pounds of bananas a year! It doesn’t surprise me though because they are so yummy in my tummy. Not only that, they are always cheap, don’t make a mess and taste delicious. If you love your nanners like I do, then you will love this post all about bananas.
So, how did this fruit get such an awesome sounding name – banana? Well, the origin of the word banana omes from the native name in western Africa, from the Mande word “banäna” Want to know where they come from? This beauty right here:
You know what else is cool? The benefits of eating them bananas.
- Bananas are low in calories and have no fat, no sodium, and no cholesterol. They contain vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and vitamin B6.
- Reduce your changes of getting Kidney Disease by up to 50 percent if you eat them several times a week.
- Due to the high iron content in bananas, they are good for people who may be suffering from anaemia.
- Suffer from depression? Eat some bananas! As they have high levels of trytophane which is converted into serotonin, or the neurotransmitter that tends to make you happier. 🙂
- High levels of Potassium.
- Feeling a wee bit consitpated? Eat some bananas because it seems that they relieve symptoms.
- Do you feel crampy after a long run? Put a banana in your belly and you can avoid those dreadful Charley Horses.
- Lowers blood pressure
Need more reasons to eat bananas? Check out these other benefits: Top 10 Home Remedies
Fun Banana Uses:
Who said learning about Bananas couldn’t be fun?! Check out these fun facts about the B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
- Did a skeeter bite you on the rear? To relieve mosquito bites you can simply rub the banana peel on the bites.
- Got a big bruise? Tape a banana peel over it overnight. (No, I am serious, Look here).
- Do you flat-iron your hair everyday? Well, you betcha that bananas can help that too. Not only do they help strengthen your hair, but they improve blood circulation in your scalp and prevent split ends. Here, try a banana hair mask:
- Whiten your teeth with banana peels.
- Write a secret message on a banana and watch it magically appear hours later. FUN!
Or you can simply just decorate or write on them for fun. 🙂 These are my favorite!
Banana Weiner Dogs!:
Okay, Okay, enough banana art.
Instead, lets look at some cool banana-themed products.
BANANA PHONE! YES!
Photo Credit: Cnet
Girl, go ahead and Slap some banana shorts on your apple bottom.
Banana Night Light!
Can you tell how much we love bananas?
Now last but certaintly not least, YUMMY BANANA RECIPES. Hurry, hurry, go buy some bananas quick!
Banana Caramel Pie
om nom nom nom. Get the recipe here: Red Cookbook
Peanut Butter Banana Cups
How good do these look? *sigh* Y’all eat some for me since I can’t! Recipe here: SkinnyMs
Healthy Banana Cake
Want some cake? That’s cool. Want some banana cake? Oh, well I am glad you asked! Here is the recipe: Real Healthy Recipes
Alright, I could go on and on about how many yummy banana-infused recipes there are, but there are just SO many. (Thank you, Pinterest).
How about some Banana jokes? Come on, you know you need jiggle your giggle box. 🙂
Banana Jokes & Puns
What do you call two banana skins? A pair of slippers!
So, if you made it through the post, you either want some bananas super bad, or you don’t want to hear about bananas ever again. It’s okay. I will always love bananas because I can relate to them so much, because I also bruise easily and am always going through a split.
Ring, Ring Ring, Ring Ring, Banana Phone!